- 1 loaf of white bread, cut into small squares
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 cups onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup thyme leaves
- ¼ cup dried sage leaves
- 2 gala apples, small diced
- 1.5 cups unsalted butter, melted
- Salt and Pepper
- 9lb boneless turkey breast roast
- Apple cider, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place small bread pieces in a medium bowl.
- Add pine nuts to a saute pan and heat until they start to become fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent burning. Remove from the pan and add to bread pieces.
- Add olive oil to the pan and sauté the onions for 2-3 minutes until they become translucent and fragrant.
- Add the onions, thyme, sage, and apple to the bowl with the bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper then pour melted butter over all.
- Mix well. Dressing should hold together, if it’s dry, add apple cider by the teaspoon until it begins to stick together.
- To prepare the turkey breast; place on a cutting board and using a sharp knife, slice it almost in half starting at the right side. Be very careful not to cut it all the way through and to keep the knife level so that the top and bottom end up an equal thickness.
- Open the turkey breast like a book and lay flat on the cutting board. Using a meat hammer, pound the breast flat so that even thickness is achieved throughout.
- Place stuffing on top of the breast and press in so that it sticks slightly.
- Beginning at the short end, start rolling the turkey up. Once the breast has been rolled up, begin to secure it with cooking string.
- Brush turkey with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a roaster, cover and roast for 30 minutes at 450 degrees then decrease heat to 350 and bake for 2-2.5 hours or until the turkey reaches 165 F.
- Let the turkey roast cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
* Turkey stuffing may be made ahead of time.
* Turkey Roulade can be made ahead of time and wrapped in plastic wrap until ready to roast.